Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in Biblical Studies builds on the foundation of the Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies resulting in a strong foundation for those who are pursuing the pastorate or other church ministry. The final two years exposes students to specific Bible books, deeper doctrinal courses, and offers electives for students to focus on a minor or a variety of special interest courses.
- To give each graduate a foundation in biblical truth to equip them to defend and communicate the Bible.
- To give the graduate an understanding and appreciation of their position in Christ and enable them to practice spiritual disciplines as a lifestyle.
- To enable each graduate to recognize differing worldviews and minister effectively and creatively to them.
- To enable graduates to acquire the skills necessary to serve and relate to others biblically.
- To equip and encourage the graduate to be active participants in God’s global work.
Program At A Glance
This program includes 33 hours in Bible/Theology, 9 hours in Professional Studies, and 24 hours in General Education. The Associate of Arts in Biblical Studies serves as the first two years of this 4-year program.
60 hours (Online semester hours)
90 hours (Campus quarter hours)
Standard Completion Time
2 years in addition to the AA
Campus | Online
What Courses Will I Take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- Book of Genesis
- Book of John
- Book of Hebrews
- Bible Exposition
- Servant Leadership
What Can I Do With This Degree?
- Serve as a local church pastor, associate pastor, or other church staff.
- Lead as a strong Bible teacher or small group leader.
- Continue into a graduate level program or seminary.