Bachelor of Arts in Apologetics
The Bachelor of Arts in Apologetics is designed to provide wide exposure to apologetic topics as well as different philosophies while refining a God-honoring philosophy reflecting reality and the revelation of the Creator. Students will also refine critical thinking skills through analysis, discussion, and argumentation.
- To equip graduates to defend the orthodox, historic faith from a variety of attacks.
- To prepare graduates to present and persuasive case for the Christian faith to people of various worldviews.
- To develop ways to build bridges from false religions and philosophies back to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To build a comprehensive, God-honoring Christian philosophy.
- To demonstrate proficiency in research for preparation to enter graduate studies in apologetics or philosophy of religion.
Program At A Glance
This program includes 33 hours in Bible/Theology, 12 hours in Professional Studies, and 39 hours in General Education (including many PHI and APOL courses).
Standard Completion Time
2 years in addition to the AA
What Courses Will I Take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- Logic & Critical Thinking
- Apologetic Systems
- Christian Apologetics to Islam
- Problems in Contemporary Apologetics
- Philosophy of Hermeneutics
What Can I Do With This Degree?
- Lead in evangelism seminars within your church and community.
- Continue into an Apologetics program at the graduate level.