Bachelor of Arts in Leadership & Ministry
The Bachelor of Arts in Leadership and Ministry is for adults involved in or preparing for ministry in a church or secular vocation. Students are challenged to think biblically about all aspects of life, develop spiritually, enhance their ministry skills, and engage with the world. The curriculum mixes practical and theoretical knowledge through classroom work, research, and community church or para-church involvement.
- To equip graduates with the competencies necessary to serve as effective servant leaders in churches, Christian organizations, and other contexts.
- To develop a biblical worldview of Christian leadership in various contexts.
- To enable graduates to recognize differing worldviews and minister effectively and creatively to them.
- To construct a personal philosophy for ministry that is consistent with Scripture and proven leadership principles.
Program At A Glance
This program includes 48 core credits: 21 hours in Bible/Theology, 18 hours in Professional Studies, and 9 hours in General Education. The balance of hours is made up of elective courses.
(60 if taken with the AA in Leadership & Ministry)
Standard Completion Time
What Courses Will I Take?
Below is a sample of the required courses. To see a complete list, view the academic catalog.
- Biblical Leadership
- Servant Leadership
- Organizational Leadership
- Leading Volunteers
- Working with Teams
- Ministry Leadership Capstone
What Can I Do With This Degree?
- Serve as an effective leader within a church, Christian organization, or other context.
- Continue on to a graduate level program.