Helping Our Military Maximize Their Benefits
CCBS is honored to serve as a military-friendly Christian college in North Carolina, as well as to serve our veterans worldwide. Our desire is to facilitate your education and ensure you receive the maximum benefits to which you are entitled. To show our commitment to service members and their families, CCBS offers a discount tuition rate of $225 per credit hour.
There are a variety of benefits available for our active military service members, veterans, and their eligible family members. These benefits depend on the military status and branch of service.
Our School Certifying Officials can help students with the following benefits:
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents Educational Assistance
- Chapter 1606 MGI Bill: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 MGI Bill: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Tuition Assistance
Don’t Know Where to Start?
The VA offers helpful instructions here.
I’ve applied for my military benefits through the VA, so I know what I’m eligible for. Now what?
In order to receive VA benefits at CCBS, follow these steps:
To receive VA benefits at CCBS, you must:
- Be accepted and officially registered for courses.
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA.
- Read, sign, and return the Veterans Benefits Form. This should be submitted before initial enrollment certification.
After completion, all documents may be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the Admissions office.
NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you have used VA educational benefits at a previous college, you must complete your Change of Program form to transfer your benefits to CCBS.
If you have been receiving VA benefit payments at CCBS, you will need to submit the Veteran Benefits Form each semester.