Helping Our Military Maximize Their Benefits
CCBS is honored to serve as a military friendly Christian college in North Carolina, as well as to serve our veterans. Our desire is to facilitate your education and ensure you receive the maximum benefits for which you are entitled.
There are a variety of benefits available for our active military service members, veterans, and their eligible family members. These benefits depend on the military status and branch of service.
Our staff is authorized to process the following:
- Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
- Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill: Current/Former Active Duty
- Chapter 1606 MGI Bill: Selected Reserve
- Chapter 1607 MGI Bill: Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents Educational Assistance
- Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation
If you are unsure of your eligibility or entitlement, please contact the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at 1-888-442-4551 or visit https://www.va.gov/education/how-to-apply/.
VA Vocational Rehabilitation (Chapter 31) students can find more information online at https://www.va.gov/careers-employment/vocational-rehabilitation/.
Military Benefits Application Checklist
Step 1: Visit the VA website to complete the appropriate Application for VA Education Benefits.
Step 2: Submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to our Admissions department by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (910-401-1105).
Step 3: Complete and submit your CCBS Veterans Benefit Form. This form will need to be completed each semester you are enrolled.
Step 4: Students using Chapter 35 will be required to pay all tuition, fees and books out of pocket.
Once your benefits have been certified, you will receive an automatic email through VA-ONCE.
If you receive tuition assistance, you will need to complete the application specific to your branch.
To receive VA benefits at CCBS, you must:
- Be accepted and officially registered for courses.
- Provide a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility letter from the VA.
- Read, sign, and return the Veterans Benefits Form. This should be submitted before initial enrollment certification.
After completion, all documents may be emailed, faxed, or mailed to the Admissions office.
NEW TRANSFER STUDENTS:
If you have used VA educational benefits at a previous college, you must complete your Change of Program form to transfer your benefits to CCBS.
If you have been receiving VA benefit payments at CCBS, you will need to submit the Veteran Benefits Form each semester.