TRANSFERRING TO CCBS?
HELPING MAXIMIZE PRIOR CREDITS
Transfer Credit will be considered for acceptance on all regular college credit courses taken at an accredited institution. The College reserves the right to accept only those courses where the content, objectives, and extent are equivalent to those required for graduation from CCBS. The Registrar oversees the transfer credit process and can answer questions regarding which courses may or may not transfer.
- Students pursing an Associate’s Degree may transfer a maximum of 60 hours.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree may transfer a maximum of 130 hours.
Eligible transfer credits are governed by the following criteria:
- Coursework must be completed at an accredited academic institution, college, or university.
- Coursework must be equivalent to courses that are or could be offered at CCBS.
- Coursework must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.0) or higher.
- Course(s) must be taken for a grade (not taken as “pass/fail”).
- Developmental, remedial, continuing education, and college orientation courses will not transfer.
Quarter vs. Semester Transfer Hours:
- Our campus program is based on the quarter system. Therefore, quarter classes transfer credit for credit.
- Our online program is based on a semester system. Coursework completed on a quarter system basis must be converted to semester hours for CCBS credit by multiplying the quarter hours by 2/3 to calculate semester hours (basically, a 3 hr quarter course transfers in as a 2 hr semester credit).
Your transfer credit will be evaluated upon receipt of your official transcripts. Please note that the tranfer credit evaluation process will remain unofficial until the Registrar has approved the official transcripts and your new degree plan. The Registrar will notify the student regarding all transferrable credits and how they will be applied toward the student’s degree program.