TRANSFERRING TO CCBS?
HELPING MAXIMIZE PRIOR CREDITS
Transfer Credit will be considered for acceptance on all regular college credit courses taken at an accredited institution. The College reserves the right to accept only those courses where the content, objectives, and extent are equivalent to those required for graduation from CCBS. The Registrar oversees the transfer credit process and can answer questions regarding which courses may or may not transfer.
- Students pursing an Associate’s Degree may transfer a maximum of 60 hours.
- Students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree may transfer a maximum of 130 hours.
Eligible transfer credits are governed by the following criteria:
- Coursework must be completed at an accredited academic institution, college, or university.
- Coursework must be equivalent to courses that are or could be offered at CCBS.
- Coursework must be completed with a grade of “C” (2.0) or higher.
- Course(s) must be taken for a grade (not taken as “pass/fail”).
- Developmental, remedial, continuing education, and college orientation courses will not transfer.
Your transfer credit will be evaluated upon receipt of your official transcripts. Please note that the transfer credit evaluation process will remain unofficial until the Registrar has approved the official transcripts and your new degree plan. The Admissions office will notify the student regarding all transferrable credits and how they will be applied toward the student’s degree program.